Wednesday, February 11, 2009

more on my brain...



I'm n
ot sure who actually reads this blog, but this update is for JJ and Bill Sharp, thank you both for checking up on me and thinking of me. The neurologist has ruled out tumors and a stroke, so we will begin testing for Multiple Sclerosis. The first test for that happens to be a lumbar puncture otherwise known as a spinal tap.

I can't imagine why I would feel any hesitation about having a needle longer than this one being stuck in my spine?

I mean it could be fun right?

And even more fun than that is the idea of them puncturing my spinal cord and collecting some of my spinal
fluid.

I mean again who doesn't want this to happen to them?

I'm feeling very privileged at the moment, really I wont lie. I'm downright ecstatic!

I joke.



I'm scared.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sammie, Bill had 2 or 3 spinal taps and he said it was the easiest of all the procedures and didn't hurt at all. You won't see the needle and it will be over before you know it. Don't be scared. Our thought and prayers are with you! Bill & Shauna

Sammie said...

Thanks guys!! I've heard so many mixed stories.......ugg!!
It's good to hear a positive one. Mostly is just a pain with finding help with the kids as I have to go to Roseburg. I'm calling tomorrow to set up an appt.

Anonymous said...

Sammie-Being scared I think is natural. As we all know, and as you have shown, you are a survivor. I have several friends that have had that done in the last year, all successfully without any complications. We are all here hor you in mind and spirit.